The skilled dentists of Brandyberry & Associates perform general dentistry at our Thomasville practice serving the triad area of North Carolina.
Brushing and flossing daily are very important to maintaining a healthy, dazzling smile. But no matter how dedicated you remain to a daily dental care routine, there is no substitute for regular visits to your dentist. Making appointments with your dentist twice a year not only ensures your current dental health, but also helps to detect and treat minor complications that could intensify if they remain untreated.
If you want to entrust your general dentistry care to a highly trained and experienced dentist,contact our Thomasville practice serving the triad area of North Carolina today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Christian A. Brandyberry or Dr. Amelia Wan.
General Dentistry Services
Brandyberry & Associates offers a variety of general dentistry services, both remedial and preventive:
Find Out More about General Dentistry
Establishing a relationship with an experienced, reputable dentist is a vital part of maintaining lifelong dental health. Brandyberry & Associates can provide you with excellent care in a state-of-the-art environment staffed with friendly, knowledgeable personnel. To learn more about general dentistry, contact our Thomasville practice serving the triad area of North Carolina today.
- Comprehensive dental exams and evaluations should be scheduled at least twice a year. These include teeth cleaning, examinations for gum inflammation or bone loss, and checking your face, neck, and mouth for abnormalities. It may also include x-rays and other diagnostic procedures.
- Routine dental surgery and surgical removal of teeth can become necessary if cavities and other issues cannot otherwise be corrected.
- Treatment of gum disease is usually accomplished through root planing (cleaning of root surfaces to remove plaque and tartar) and followed by adjunctive therapy. Gum disease is an inflammation of the gums that can affect the teeth and supporting bone in your mouth. Bacteria, acids, and certain foods can all lead to the development of gum disease. One method of treatment is dental scaling, or the use of a device that eliminates hard-to-reach plaque, tartar, and biofilm from below the gumline with sonic vibrations. In some cases, a manual instrument may also be necessary to remove all harmful matter. Another method of treating gum disease is root planing, or the scaling of the root surface with a special manual tool to reduce inflammation of the gums. Both methods can take two to four visits to complete.
- Most molar and bicuspid root canals can be performed at Brandyberry & Associates to salvage badly infected teeth. If the pulp in the center of a tooth becomes diseased, your dentist can salvage the tooth by removing the pulp. After anesthesia is administered, a hole is drilled, giving access to the tooth’s center. The dentist will remove the pulp and clean the canals, or the narrow spaces in the center of your tooth roots. Finally, the access point drilled into the tooth can be sealed with a filling. In some cases, the dentist will place a crown over the tooth.
- Some children's dentistry is performed at Brandyberry & Associates to help ensure a lifetime of good dental health for your kids.