The team of talented professionals at Brandyberry & Associates performs exceptional restorative dentistry at our Thomasville practice serving the triad area of North Carolina.
Genetics, injury, and periods of inconsistent daily dental hygiene can take their toll on an otherwise healthy, great-looking smile. Doctors Christian A. Brandyberry and Amelia Wan offer a variety of treatments designed to improve the health of your teeth and gums and give your smile a strong, durable foundation. Restorative dentistry can correct misaligned teeth, replace missing teeth, and treat gum damage. To learn more about how restorative dentistry can bring health and beauty back to your smile, contact our Thomasville office serving the triad area of North Carolina today.
Restorative Dentistry Services
We offer several restorative dentistry treatments designed to enhance the condition of your teeth, improve your overall health, and rejuvenate your smile:
- Invisalign® is an alternative to traditional braces consisting of clear, removable tooth-adjusting mouth pieces. Unlike traditional braces, they are virtually unnoticeable, and because they are removable, there are no restrictions on the kinds of foods you can eat. Invisalign® is best suited for patients with moderate alignment issues.
- Simple orthodontic appliances such as retainers achieve an effect similar to what braces provide in cases of minor misalignment. Retainers are often prescribed as a follow-up to braces, in order to help patients maintain the alignment of their teeth. After a patient’s braces are removed, it takes about nine months for periodontal ligaments to permanently retain the positioning that braces established. A retainer is generally worn overnight during this period so that teeth do not drift out of their proper alignment again.
- Soft tissue grafting is a process of covering exposed roots or developing gum tissue in areas damaged by gingival recession. When gingivitis goes untreated too long, it can progress to periodontitis, an infection that destroys the bone and soft tissue that support your teeth. If your gum line begins receding because of advanced periodontitis, your dentist can remove a small amount of tissue from the roof of your mouth and attach it to the affected area. This not only gives your teeth a more cosmetically pleasing appearance, it can help reduce further gum recession and cover exposed tooth roots, protecting them from decay and reducing their sensitivity to heat and cold.
- Removable and partial dentures are custom-crafted for patients missing several or all of their original teeth.
- Implants to replace missing teeth are special titanium screws surgically grafted to the jaw bone. Dental implants not only provide a solid foundation for crowns and bridges; they also help to maintain the strength and bone mass of your jaw, which otherwise weakens in the absence of tooth roots. Once the implant is in place, it can be restored with one or more natural-looking replacement teeth made of metal, ceramics, or a combination of both.
- Implant overdentures and overdentures that require special attachments are available for patients who are unable to wear conventional dentures.
Learn More about Restorative Dentistry
To find out more about how restorative dentistry can benefit you, contact our Thomasville practice serving the triad area of North Carolina today.